Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.
Please consider the fact that most dogs and cats live 10 to 15 years or more and adopting is not a spur of the moment decision but instead a serious life changing decision.
How do dog adoptions work?
- Fill out an adoption application.
- Our adoption coordinator will contact your references and call you if some additional information is needed.
- If you are the best fit for the animal in question you will be contacted and a meet and greet will be scheduled at our shelter.
- If the pet you chose is the right match for you the adoption will be completed by signing an adoption contract and paying the adoption fee.
How much is the adoption fee?
Small animals $25
What does the adoption fee include?
- Age Appropriate Vaccinations (DA2PP and Bordetella for dogs, FVRCP for cats, and Rabies for all dogs and cats over 16 weeks of age)
- Microchip identification
- Flea treatment
- Feline aids/feline leukemia testing is available for cats for a $30 extra fee
- Heartworm testing for dogs is available for a $30 extra fee
- 30 days of pet insurance (optional; adopter must sign up to receive this)
- Please note some animals may receive more tests or treatments (this information will be outlined in the medical record you receive for your adopted pet)