Microchip Clinic Dec. 5th – Book online!
As responsible pet owners, we do what we can to secure our outdoor and indoor spaces to keep our beloved pets safe. However, sometimes the unthinkable happens and our pets become lost. Have you thought about giving yourself peace of mind by getting your pet microchipped?
Microchipping is a reliable, inexpensive, one-time service that is designed to get your pet home to you as quickly as possible. Did you know that pets with microchips are up to 𝟐𝟎 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 more likely to be reunited with their owners?
No bigger than a grain of rice, a microchip’s sole function is to store a unique ID number that is used to retrieve a pet parent’s contact information. When a microchip scanner is passed over the skin, the implanted microchip reads the microchip’s unique ID code. The microchip registry is called, and the registry company uses the ID number to retrieve the pet parent’s contact information from the pet recovery database.
At Pet and Wildlife (PAW) Rescue, we see the benefits of microchipping every day. We recently were part of a wonderful reunion between a family and their cat, Pablo. Pablo was missing for four weeks and was found outside a bush over seven kilometers away from his home. When he was brought into PAWR, we were ecstatic that he had a microchip and we could call his family to tell them he was found safe and was ready to go home.
A few things to know before you make the decision to microchip:
- It is a fast, pain free procedure for most pets.
- It can be done at any age.
- All veterinarians and shelters have scanners and can read access the database that contains your name and phone number.
After getting your pet microchipped, there are a few things to remember:
- If you move or change phone numbers, remember to notify your vet to make the change on the microchip registry.
- During regular vet check-ups, ask to have the microchip scanned to ensure it is working as intended. Its better to be safe than sorry!
Microchips – just one more way we can keep our pets safe and gives pet owners peace of mind.
Book your spot here: https://pawr.org/product-category/event-ticket/